The diplomat is a current-affairs magazine for the asia-pacific, with news and analysis on politics, security, business, technology and life across the region. Environmental damage in vietnam imagine a television newscaster announcing daily developments in the indochina war by saying: and in quang tri province today, us bombers knocked out 5,000 trees and killed 35 water buffalo while a south vietnamese armored column rolled over 300 acres of rice paddies.
Environmental damage in vietnam imagine a television newscaster announcing daily developments in the indochina war by saying: and in quang tri province today, us bombers knocked out 5,000. Vietnam's population is increasingly vocal about economic, political, and social issues, to the government's dismay.
Vietnam - environment vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate, with humidity averaging 84 percent throughout the year however, because of differences in latitude and the marked variety of topographical relief, the climate tends to vary considerably from place to place. Problems and issues population: viet nam’s present population is around 80 million, about 87% of which is the majority ‘kinh‘ group mostly living in low-lying areas, and the remaining 13% in fifty-three different ethnic groups living mainly in mountainous areas. Study of the environmental impact of war focuses on the modernization of warfare and its increasing effects on the environment scorched earth methods have been used for much of recorded history however, methods of modern warfare cause far greater devastation on the environment.
The vietnam environment administration, a branch of the ministry of natural resources and environment (monre), is responsible for environmental issues in vietnam at the provincial level, the departments of natural resources and the environment (donre) bear responsibility. Environment - current issues: logging and slash-and-burn agricultural practices contribute to deforestation and soil degradation water pollution and overfishing threaten marine life populations groundwater contamination limits potable water supply growing urban industrialization and population migration are rapidly degrading environment in hanoi and ho chi minh city. Environmental issues in vietnam vietnam is among the most biologically diverse countries on earth, comprising less than 1 percent of the world's land but about 10 percent of its species but the report noted that its protected areas are suffering from deforestation and habitat loss.
The ministry of finance is proposing a sweeping ban on the export of raw minerals, a move that would indicate an escalation of the government’s generally negative stance on a practice that generates little value while causing environmental devastation.
Environment illgal gold mineral exploitation rampant in bắc kạn illegal gold mining in the kim hỷ nature reserve in the northern province of bắc kạn continues to be a puzzle for authorities despite their best efforts to put an end to the activity. And hanoi is merely one example of the sort of urban development issues facing vietnam at this time population rapid population growth has put additional pressure on the environment vietnam's population has skyrocketed from 23 million people in the 1940's to more than 76 million in 1999.